A visit to the steam sauna is suitable for the purposes of both regeneration and relaxation for athletes and as an element of treatment of chronic airway inflammation, slightly elevated blood pressure, chronic rheumatic diseases, chronic inflammation of the pelvis and in the treatment of psychosomatic problems.
Steam bath uses heat effects like the classic dry sauna. The temperature inside is lower than in the traditional sauna and it oscillates around 40-50 °C. Another difference is the exposure to 100% humidity. The effect of moist heat on our body has [b]many positive benefits[b]:
- Support to the cardiovascular system
- Muscle relaxation
- Mental relaxation and increased resistance to stress
- Support of nervous and hormonal functions
- Increased metabolism (improvement of metabolism)
- Released airways helping with asthma and severe allergies
- Supporting detoxification
- Alleviating painful musculoskeletal conditions
- Supporting to the immune system
A visit to the steam sauna is suitable for the purposes of both regeneration and relaxation for athletes and as an element of:
- treatment of chronic airway inflammation
- slightly elevated blood pressure
- chronic rheumatic diseases
- chronic inflammation of the pelvis
- in the treatment of psychosomatic problems.
And when we should use the steam room?
Use it every time you need relaxation or after your workout to help flush toxins from your muscles. Be aware of your health condition. Stay out of the steam sauna if you are ill, pregnant, if you have been drinking alcohol, suffer from heart disease, high or low blood pressure, diabetes, epilepsy, or any other condition that may affect your body's reaction to high temperatures. We recommend to drink plenty of water before entering, and spend approximately 10 to 15 minutes at one visit. Listen to your body. The procedure must be comfortable for you. Never exceed 20 minutes.
Fact is that enjoying the baths naked is best, but for comfort of other users, we suggest to be wrapped in a towel. Wearing swimsuit depends on your personal preferences and the policy of your club. Also, a massage or beauty treatment feels much better after the steam bath, therefore see what our SPA can offer you to take your wellbeing to the next level: http://holmesplace.es/ct/service/spa-y-belleza-s37.html
Let’s start relaxing in a good way!
Personal Trainer and physiotherapist
Holmes Place Smíchov, Prague, Czech Republic